Brazilian gamers and employees criticize Copa America in a public letter

Brazilian national staff players and workers revealed a letter on their social media accounts Wednesday criticizing the group of the Copa America match, however assuring they’d still take part ought to the tournament go forward.

The championship, South America’s biggest international football tournament

is ready to start on June thirteen in Brazil. “We are a cohesive group, however with totally different ideas. For varied reasons, whether humanitarian or professional, we’re dissatisfied with the conduct of the Copa America by CONMEBOL [South America’s Football Confederation], whether it was hosted later in Chile or even in Brazil,” the unsigned doc learn.

“All recent information lead us to imagine in an insufficient course of in its realization.” The team, nevertheless, confused that “at no time” did they want “to make this a political dialogue.” “We are towards the organization of the Copa America, however we’ll never say no to the Brazilian team,” the assertion concluded. The gamers had been nervous about possible retaliation from CONMEBOL and the Brazilian Football Confederation’s (CBF) managers and leaders in response to the letter, based on Brazilian press reports. CONMEBOL,

in agreement with Brazil’s federal government backed by President Jair Bolsonaro

announced solely final week that Brazil was to be the brand new host of the Copa America due to sanitary and political issues involving Argentina and Colombia — the original hosts of the tournament. The change of venue for the Copa America has generated criticism, each within the South American soccer community and the Brazilian public.

Concerns have been raised in regards to the dealing with of the coronavirus pandemic in Brazil. According to the World Health Organization, the nation has recorded close to 17 million confirmed cases and 473,0000 deaths. More than 65 million vaccine doses have been administered. The CBF can be currently dealing with management problems as president Rogerio Caboclo was temporarily removed from workplace on Sunday after allegations of sexual harassment by a confederation employee. Brazilian press stories level out that gamers and employees were dissatisfied with the means in which Caboclo carried out the Copa America issue, adding that his elimination helped calm the locker room.

Manager Adenor Bachi Tite denied that he would resign

if Caboclo remained in workplace in a press convention early on Wednesday, moments after the release of the public letter. “I considered working. I’m not a hypocrite. I’m not alienated and I know things happen. But I know the method to prioritize,” said Tite. The 2020 version of the Copa America was postponed by a 12 months because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Brazilian Health Minister Marcelo Queiroga on Tuesday defended the government’s choice to host the Copa America tournament, saying: “There isn’t any proof that [Copa America] will increase the level of Covid-19 contamination amongst athletes.” Queiroga made the comments while testifying at a Senate inquiry into the Brazilian government’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic. The minister argued that the last version of Brazil´s nationwide football championship that led to February this yr occurred without any main problems, claiming that just one case of Covid-19 was linked to the competition. However, in a report released in March, the CBF said the championship accounted for hundreds of instances among soccer gamers in Brazil.

ASUNCION, PARAGUAY – JUNE 08: Players of Brazil pose before a match between Paraguay and Brazil as part of South American Qualifier for Qatar 2022 at Estadio Defensores del Chaco on June 08, 2021 in Asuncion, Paraguay. (Photo by Christian Alvarenga/Getty Images)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *